Wednesday, January 4, 2017

About Phoenix AZ


About Phoenix AZ


Video post 10: While standing on the rooftop of the luxury Portland Place condos I decided it was a good time to do the top 5 things you need to know when moving to Phoenix AZ. Let me know your thoughts and what things you would have on the list.

Related Comments on Phoenix AZ 


Alex9x191 year ago
Dude, you forgot one thing... Phoenix AZ has the shittiest drivers!! Mainly because they're all from out of state.
It's actually rare to find an Arizona native.
Reply 23     
View all 21 replies 
 David Oswald 
David Oswald3 months ago
except when it rains you all drive like 5 mph, as a Michigan driver my stay there was full of "What the fuck" driving behind everyone else
Reply 1     
 Artavis Hawkins-Durden 
Artavis Hawkins-Durden3 months ago
lol thats Atlanta
Reply     
 TheWriterscrampshurt 
TheWriterscrampshurt5 months ago
Thanks for posting this! I plan on moving to Phoenix AZ in 2017!
Reply 11     
 Danny Pitre 
Danny Pitre1 month ago
I wish u luck!  Emery Eps SEO skills are awesome!!
Reply     
 Matt Nelson 
Matt Nelson3 months ago
I would rather be in the snow in the winter so I can go skiing and snow machining.  What can you do in phoenix in the summer, nothing, stay indoors for 6 months.  You can not be outside for more than 20 minutes during the summer.  Very miserable.  Their crime rate is through the roof as well.
Reply     
 Hunter Bowman 
Hunter Bowman2 months ago
Matt Nelson pool parties are pretty popular. going to the river, the lake, also what people do. and no crime isn't bad. I have worked in some of the "worst" areas and it isn't that bad. only bad if you get into trouble a lot.
Reply     
 hisgraceislove11 
hisgraceislove112 days ago
Hi all, I'm moving to Phoenix soon. I'm looking to make new friends in the area and trying to overcome my fear of moving to a new city alone. I currently live in Houston and can't stand the traffic and stress any longer. I feel Phoenix is a lot better choice for my lifestyle, health, and interests. Please message me if you are moving to or live in Phoenix. Would love to have some support:)
Reply     
 shbitz 
shbitz1 year ago
How about tuscan

Reply     
 deanouellette 
deanouellette1 year ago
+shbitz some people like Tucson, personally I like the Phx area A LOT more.
Reply 1     
 Aj Madrigal 
Aj Madrigal1 month ago
shbitz Tucson sucks
Reply     
 debbiewasshername 
debbiewasshername5 months ago
they should pay people to live here. I spent two years in pheonix. 100 degrees at 4 am and 119 at noon. But, remember, in direct sun on a average summer day your skin is actually getting hit with 150 degrees. If you dont get out of the sun and find shelter within 10 minutes you may catch fire and burn to death
Reply 1     
 dondedejemicaballo 
dondedejemicaballo2 months ago
debbiewasshername  you made my day
Reply     
 Iman Hashim 
Iman Hashim6 months ago
Me and my family are moving on the 30th to Phoenix Arizona
Reply 4     
 Rocky 
Rocky5 months ago
What's the rents like and is there opportunities to buy a single family 2 bedroom 2 bath homes ?
Can you do homesteading there, like raised bed farming, chicken coop...?
Reply     
 MegaPHX602AZ 
MegaPHX602AZ1 year ago
I love living in the Valley of the Sun, Phoenix, AZ! I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the USA that's for sure. There is no depressing rainy, damp, grey skies that linger around for days and weeks here. There is no "cold to the bone" snow or blizzards to have to contend with. Just glorious bright blue skies, palm trees, buttes, mountains and heavenly sun rays to greet you most days when you get out of bed and go about your day. LOVE IT! Most people talk about how they feel rejuvenated living here instead of the cold North or the rainy Northwest. Yup, thats what living in the Valley of the Sun will do to you.
Read more
Reply 12     
View all 9 replies 
 smokey robinson 
smokey robinson2 months ago
shady spot....ha that's a good one cause there are no shady spots lol well hardly cause if there are they are already taken lol even in the very back back back of lots 1 tiny tree someone will park under cause its a sliver of shade and not a single car arund it either cause theres no shade everywhere else lmao!!!!
Reply     
 Hunter Bowman 
Hunter Bowman2 months ago
+smokey robinson
hey i never said it was easy lol
Reply     
 Dark Hippie 
Dark Hippie7 months ago
I was born in Phoenix and hopefully moving back within the next year. So, I will be someone born and living there.. The drivers do suck.. though..
Reply     
View all 4 replies 
 Dj Revas 
Dj Revas6 months ago
+DJ Lighfx What's your Email ^^
Reply     
 Dark Hippie 
Dark Hippie5 months ago
contactsiriusa@gmail.com
Reply     
 DJR5280 
DJR52801 year ago
Coming from Denver why is downtown Phoenix so dead? Even when it is not hot.  Phoenix AZ doesn't have a big city urban feel to it. It feels like a giant suburb.
Reply 2     
View all 9 replies 
 DJR5280 
DJR52801 year ago
I actually just got back from Phoenix. I spent two weeks there. I had a chance to explore the city and it's not that bad. Not on the level of Denver in terms of downtown, urban feel and night life but the city is cool. Heat isn't that bad.. I actually want to move there now. i like the landscape and palm trees. Mill ave was dead and I do mean dead and the bars closed at 12. I guess when school is out Mill is not a happening place according to the bar tenders. Blue Martini in Scottsdale I am told is great. A few clubs north of downtown were cool. Even at night the freeways had plenty of traffic so that made it feel less dead at night. Tried to hike camel back and failed, that is one hell of a hike. South mountain is cool but you can't drive up past 6 pm. I stood in Tempe (southern and 101) and i could totally live in that area. Mesa I didn't care for. I can't wait to go back. I had a great time and comic con was awesome. Traffic is great because the freeways are so big it can accomadate the traffic. My next home.
Read more
Reply     
 telephonic 
telephonic1 year ago (edited)
awesome i'm glad you enjoyed your time here...the metropolitan Phoenix AZ area has lots of nice places to live see and do.
Reply     
 coupleofbeers31 
coupleofbeers3110 months ago
I just moved to Phoenix AZ 6 months ago from Florida and here are my pros and cons:Pros: Diverse and growing economy with lots of job opportunities. Great weather from September to May with most days being sunny and mild to warm. Beautiful scenery with lots of hills and mountains. Diverse population in and near central Phoenix/Scottsdale. Great food. Lots of outdoor activities are possible with hiking, fishing, etc. Great Native American museums and culture. Only 6 hours away from Los Angeles. Affordable apartments and cost of living is lower than most other large cities. People are for the most part polite and friendly (for those of you complaining about how rude people are in Phoenix try NYC. I lived in NYC for 10 years and would never go back). Also Phoenix is not as racist as people say. LOTS of interracial marriages and relationships here, mainly between whites and Hispanics and even lots of white/black couples. Also great museums and libraries. Cons: Public transit is lacking. You MUST drive unless you are living right on the literail or an efficient bus line. Although the system is much better than what they have in Florida. Weather is very hot from June-August. I'm talking hellishly hot be prepared to deal with 115-120 degrees with a low of 90 at night. Not fun. There is a lot more crime than I anticipated. The west side of town (the "avenues") can be quite dangerous especially along McDowell, Indian School and Van Buren. Think NYC during the 1980s crack epidemic. Lots of indigent people roam the streets. Phoenix has a multitude of rehabilitation and homeless shelters and this all spills over into the streets at night. Be very careful. Drivers can be quite aggressive. Also the further away you get from the city the more conservative it gets. I'm talking about truck-driving, gun-owning Christian redneck mentality. So if you want diversity and a more liberal mentality stay nearer downtown but again be prepared to deal with the crime. Other than that I have been pleased with my stay here in Phoenix thus far. Good luck to all.
Read more
Reply 4     
View all 6 replies 
 Hunter Bowman 
Hunter Bowman2 months ago
most places are pretty nice and honestly the "few" bad arews arent bad unless you get caught up in crime. when you mix your self with the wrong people is when you have to worry.
Reply 3     
 coupleofbeers31 
coupleofbeers312 months ago
+Hunter Bowman True. Coming from Florida I can say that South Florida's rough areas (particularly Miami) are way worse than Maryvale or South Phoenix.
Reply 1     
 Theresa Cummings 
Theresa Cummings6 months ago
That was the worst.
Reply     
 Vacation Videos 
Vacation Videos9 months ago
Thanks! Informative and friendly
Reply 1     
 MARX MILL 
MARX MILL5 months ago
lived here all my life NEVER had any problems with anything at all. it's great pretty damn peaceful
Reply 2     
 TheWriterscrampshurt 
TheWriterscrampshurt5 months ago
So glad to hear that! A lil scared when it comes to moving!
Reply     
 MrJeff6742 
MrJeff67428 months ago
Is the Portland Place condos cheap? And are they good ones? Are they newly built and in a very residential area and quiet? Please explain because I am planning on moving there with my family.
Reply     
 WES REAL 
WES REAL6 months ago
Whats up Sun Devils, Whats the real estate out there?.. I'm from Brooklyn, I heard you can get some bang for your bucks.. Im looking to purchase some condos in Scottsdale/Phoenix/ Tempe. My main goal is to get a office building out there.. $$$..
Reply     
 Robot Minion 
Robot Minion3 months ago
Welcome to Phoenix this is all you should know.

1. Its hot

2. Its dry

3. Its pretty dank fam
Read more
Reply 1     
 james912studios 
james912studios6 months ago
Im form so cal where it get humid and hot ALL THE TIME! Its crazy! i originally wanted to move to Oregon after college but now ive been way more interested in Arizona because I love the desert. Also I love the fact its a red state (unlike Oregon and cali) and Havasu .
Reply     
 Oscar S Jaure 
Oscar S Jaure3 months ago
North Phoenix is way better.
Reply 2   

No comments:

Post a Comment